Please contact Grechen with any questions about designers or items :) Thank you for your interest!!
Why consign with SLOWRE?
- slowre is an online marketplace for pre-loved "slow" (responsible, sustainable, ethical, vegan, organic, responsible, local, independent) fashion. We are still small, but growing, and already have a loyal customer base that cares about sustainable fashion.
- Consign with slowre if you have items from designers that are smaller and maybe not very well known yet, if you want your items to go to women who care as much about sustainable fashion as you do, and/or you just want to be part of a growing movement towards more conscious consumption.
How does consignment work?
- Fill out the consignment request form, send Grechen images of the items you'd like to consign and wait to hear back from her with approval to send your items. Once accepted, you'll mail your items to slowre, and we'll take care of photographing, listing, promoting, selling and shipping your items.
- You will receive 55% of the final sale price via PayPal either on the 1st or 15th of the following month after your item sells, depending on the sell date. You may also choose to accept a gift card for store credit instead of cash.
- Once approved for consignment you'll receive a copy of the consignment agreement to look over and approve; it contains many more details
What types of products does SLOWRE accept?
- Made in the US
- Transparent manufacturing/production processes (Everlane, Cuyana, etc.)
- Vegan bags & shoes, although not all "faux leather" will be accepted
- Preferred fabrics: Organic cotton, hemp, linen, natural fabrics
- artisan-made items
- smaller designers
- responsible, sustainable design, fabrics, production processes
What designers does SLOWRE accept?
We generally accept any designers (items must be in very good condition) that meet the qualifications outlined above. Plus-size items are absolutely accepted!
Designers include but are not limited to:
- James Perse
- Emerson Fry
- Eileen Fisher
- Matt & Nat
- Hackwith Design House
- will take other many other designers, including some luxury, and some "mall" stores if items are in very good shape. Please submit a consignment request with details and Grechen will get back to you.
What designers does SLOWRE NOT accept?
- fast fashion
- "mall" stores (generally)
How does SLOWRE decide what to price items?
- I will typically price 'current' items that are in excellent used condition at 50% off new retail, except in certain situations and depending on demand. Please keep this in mind when considering whether to consign your items or not!!
Please Contact Grechen with ANY questions at all!!
Ready to start the process? Fill out the consignment request form.